A Blog by Dermot Dolan

A Blog by Dermot Dolan, all work is copyright of Dermot Dolan.

Thursday 5 November 2015

Camino del Norte September - October 2015

Hello, over four years ago I walked from Cahors on the Le Puy with a lovely Swiss companion on to St Jean Pied de Port then used the GR10 Pyrénées to go to Irun. I then finished in Bilbao, my companion went on to Finnisterre. I have walked many Camino routes since then but always wanted to finish the Norte. So now this Autumn I done exactly that. Bilbao to Santiago. Avery beautiful coastal route with an amazing bunch of people. My principle walking companion was a Frenchman called Antoine.

This section of the blog will be a work in progress for the next few weeks, so please check back, also in midNovember I will have updated my website with a special Norte section.

Titles will be added soon. Photographs are not in journey sequence (technical problems).

The last photograph (the one of myself ) was taken by A. Renaud, thank you Antoine. It shows me delighted to meet up with my friends at the end of a long day, in Ribadessla.





































































































See what happens when you use the up and down arrow keys on you computer on this picture try it, up and down.































9 comments:

  1. Love the collection,thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pictures Dermot, as usual. The colours are visually stunning. I love the portraits, and they add a sense of being there for the whole adventure. I particularly liked the shot of the bridge and the prohibition notice. Anybody with a sense of adventure and nerves of steel would nearly be urged to chance it! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jim, it was a great trip one of my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, I am more exited than before your pictures to do the camino next june, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done Dermot and many of them bring back fond memories too. I especially like the portraits, something I have no talent for.

    Safe travels my friend . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mike. I would like to take more portraits but the privacy laws are different in Spain and France than Ireland, UK or USA. A complex area indeed, that is why I have no portraits on my Website proper.

      Delete
  6. These photos make me dream of Camino Norte! It looks astonishing, amazing, inspiring!!! Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete