A Blog by Dermot Dolan

A Blog by Dermot Dolan, all work is copyright of Dermot Dolan.

Monday 27 October 2014

El Camino - Over the Pyrénées

After walking from Espalion to St Jean de Port on the "Le Puy" Camino I decided to walk for one further day. On the eight of October 2014 I walked from St Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles. I had walked the entire Camino Frances a few years previously. I had also walked the entire GR10 (coast to coast Pyrénées).  But that morning in October  a few weeks ago was a tough climb. The wind was very strong but it was still a great walk. I used the Napoleon route.

Here are some photographs from that day plus  a few from the following day in Roncevalles.
********************************************************************************



                                                             

www.caminogallery.com

Buy a download and support an ideal.





































   Camino Gallery Buy a download and support an ideal.



5 comments:

  1. Great photos Dermot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous sights! thanks so much for sharing those beauties!
    amorfati1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dermot
    Really beautiful snaps there. Well done. What camera/equipment do you use?
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerry, thanks for your comments. I carry a nikon d80with an 18-135 zoom. It is heavy 1.2 kg plus charger. The trick is I have it in an op/tech harness strapped to my body, so the weight is not around my neck. I carry it all day every day on all my hikes, which have been around 8,000km in the last four years. I have just recently set up a website www.caminogallery.com

    Regards Dermot

    ReplyDelete